PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 19:02
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of empty seats involving 2x daily inbound/outbounds with 400+ seat aircraft? Even with 70% loads it equates to 230 aircraft each year flying empty?
But then I'm not a number cruncher perhaps someone could give us an approximate figure of rotations. aircraft type and seat capacities.?
As has been said on this and many forums, many times.

Loads are in no way an indication of how a route is doing, its all about the money made.

The load may be 70%, but, if in that 70% the J cabin is full and F has a fair load, then there is a good chance the flight is making money.

Also, under the passengers, there could be a tidy profit in cargo. Back in 2007, I had the chance to meet a senior figure at EK. He told me that on 4 days per week (at the time), the MAN-DXB flight could go out with a 0% load and still make money. Says it all really.

Joe, I notice that some months the Turkish flights to EDI had a 60% load factor, are you similarly going to make a claim that 'Turkish are obviously ignoring GLA, as they are flying x number of empty planes per year'? Nope? Thought not.....