PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 13:00
Msunduzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"All in all I think this was an absolutely disgraceful way to treat passengers. If it had been FR the media would have had a field day."

We will never fly emirates again.

We thought that flying from Birmingham to Manila via Dubai would be convenient with a 1 year old, as the trip would be split roughly in half.

On the outward trip, on arrival in Dubai, there were no pushchairs available as promised. We had to go through security twice on arrival, the one queue took over 40 minutes, total chaos, being told to queue in one place then another.

There were no seats available (we had a nine hour wait for the onward flight), the floors were filthy, long queues at the inadequate number of toilets, which were so dirty my wife refused to change the baby in them (no changing facilities)

On departure, we had to go through security again, why three checks on a transit stop is a bit hard to understand.

On the return trip, we handed our pushchair to the Emirates staff at the boarding gate, never to be seen again, and compensation refused as we did not report it at Birmingham airport (both the baby and my wife had severe stomach cramps, and it had taken us over an hour to get through immigration, as my step-son did not have a British passport), we did not see anywhere to report lost luggage, and just wanted to get home.

Dubai was a little better on the way back, still very short of seating and toilets, but at least they were being kept clean, even if that did make the queues even longer.

None of my family has flown with Emirates since (family in Philippines and South Africa), now it is KLM, really a pleasant experience in comparison.

I can only agree that their treatment of passengers leaves a lot to be desired. I have flown with BOAC, BUA, BA, Virgin, SA Airways, KLM, PAL, Cebu Pacific, Cathay Pacific, Air France, Alitalia and smaller regional airlines, but have never had an experience that has put me off like our experience with Emirates.