PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terms and conditions: easy vs. dba
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 08:36
Elmer the Monk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work for easy - not at Luton - and my working pattern is more like:

6 on 3 off. Sometimes I have a late finish on my 6th day, but usually means I've had the day time free, or an early start on my first day, with a midday finish. So whilst you could say that's virtually a 7/2 deal, it doesn't happen too often and I don't even worry about it! Plenty of people start work early on a Monday morning.

I have a mix of 2 and 4 sector days. The fours can be short flights, or a Spain and back followed by a CGG or AMS and back. These are the worst but they don't happen all the time! I have had 1 six sector day per month since last November.

I have never had to go into discretion, and a number of captains refuse anyway, but we do work max flight duty hours - though not all the time!

Sure, I'd like to work 2 sector days, 5 on three off, no early starts and no late finishes. Life at easy isn't 'cushy' (which for those whose first language isn't English, means something like soft and easy), but it is secure, standards are high, and safety overrides commerce everytime. It's not all bad.

Clear Right, you are right! British pilots don't fight their corner very well, and despite my comments above I hope we do improve conditions at easy. I know others, particularly at Luton, have had different experiences, but these are mine.