PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA information on passenger' whereabouts
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2013, 14:59
grimmrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow again, hostile (not all here though), sorry, I stick to my opinion and don't need advice how to travel with my kids, I probably travelled more often with kids then some of you. I totally agree with the circumstances of law and privacy. My business is medicine, the biggest probably therefore in the US in terms of costs and i know all about privacy, HIPPA etc. At no time was I really worried, his grandmother is a frequent international flyer so there is no issue there and I know to whom I can give my 8 year old - heck, he would be able to get by on his own.

All I wanted to know is why BA could not give out just the simple information without any details which is they are or are not yet on their way - not where to, which flight, from where (London has several airports). With that information I would know what I wanted. If I were a criminal I still would not know with which flight, maybe they were re-routed, maybe not, I wouldn't know the time nor the airports. In short - I would not have known much more then what I would have known already (I have the ticket number, so I know the destination, BA telling or not). Its interesting that AA did try to help why the BA service was unfriendly, not explaining and not even trying to help. Yes you can hide behind laws - or you can try to use some common sense and be human. Anyway, I guess all the perfect BA lovers and lawyers here will continue to hit on me, I can live with that and I sure learned what to do next time. A) Don't fly BA and b) try to find the area on the web booking service where they actually let you enter an additional email address to confirm that you are the parent...

Last edited by grimmrad; 25th Mar 2013 at 21:48.