PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting WWII stuff - Some good camera footage
Old 25th Mar 2013, 14:36
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
Where on earth were RAF Fighter Command's Spitfires, Hurricanes, Tyhoons, Mosquitos, et al???
I can tell you where the RAF Fighter Command was not.....over Germany!

Folks....the film was made by the US Army for consumption by the US Army primarily. It did not claim the US Army had "Won" the War single handed.....as we all know the RAF did that.

Give it a frigging break and enjoy the film. This is the Military Aircrew Forum.....not the RAF Forum as some seem to think.

You want to see your side's equivalent...post it.

Shame most of you that hold that attitude were not around to know what the real situation was in those days. Perhaps a walk up the access ramp to the American Hangar at Duxford might give you a small hint as to the price we paid to see the end of the Second War in Europe that we got involved in fighting.

I suppose there is a reason there is an American Hangar at Duxford....that stems from our participation in that War.

I am having Lunch today with a neighbor who flew Lanc's out of Teeside with the RCAF....sadly he is very much on the decline. He was flying combat before his Country entered the War...and is very much my Hero....who I looked up to as a Role Model when I was growing up and still do. He is so very typical of those who served in those years.

Last edited by SASless; 25th Mar 2013 at 14:41.