PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA information on passenger' whereabouts
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2013, 00:26
grimmrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, quite hostile environment here. A lot of BA followers I assume. Hope you are never in my situation.

Again - a simple "They are booked on another flight tomorrow" would have been sufficient, doesn't even need to be a flight number - could be any flight and I have no idea where exactly they were routed and when they are traveling - but I know they were taken care off. That simple information BA declined.
It's not like I was calling without any information on my side to prove that I have something to do with the child (name, DOB, address, ticket number, record locator, accompanying person). Rules are good, common sense is better - and please don't come again with its either or - it is not. In my business we have very strict policies, a lot. But on occasion in special circumstances if justified correctly we brake them, to do what is the right thing in the situation. Remember the russian officer who saw back in the sixties I believe blips on his radar screen which could have been US missiles in a first strike. He decided against it - against all rules and wisdom. The fact that he did allows me I guess to write these lines and you guys to come up with the next rant against me. (BTW I do not work in the military)

Last edited by grimmrad; 25th Mar 2013 at 01:07.