PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA information on passenger' whereabouts
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2013, 15:52
grimmrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA information on passenger' whereabouts

Here is the situation. My son traveled on 3/22 with BA from JFK to LHR with his Grandma on a spring brake trip (he is 8) to Italy. Their onward flight to Pisa on 3/23 as cancelled due to snow. Their cell phone ran out of juice so they couldn't keep us informed. The last info we got before they couldn't call anymore was that it may take several days. After that we got silence (my mother in law is not very technically adept, charging a US phone in the UK on a non planned hold... Probably not).
We called BA to get info on what flight they were and BA declined us, the parents, ANY information. They also declined my request to talk to Tamarra's supervisor since we were not named on the ticket (grandma bought it). We had ticket and record locator number, besides of course DOB, address etc. since the ticket was bought in the US and AA was code share I next called AA and they were very helpful up to even calling BA on my behalf. At that point my mother in law called (from Italy) so I thanked her and said not needed any more (should have find out what BA would have done in retrospect).

Question. Does BA had the right to decline the parents information on our son's whereabouts while traveling with BA and being stranded in LHR while booked on a BA flight? Is US law different than UK?
I wrote to BA but just today.
Tx much

Last edited by grimmrad; 24th Mar 2013 at 15:55.