PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAT Procedures & ICAO FPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 22:25
jackharpenden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAT Procedures & ICAO FPL

Hello,

Here is a scenario:
BAW183 (Heathrow to JFK) is cruising at FL340 in Shannon's airspace. The crew request and receive clearance for an oceanic crossing at FL370 with an entry at DOGAL. When switching back to domestic and approaching DOGAL will the crew be given clearance by Shannon to climb to FL370 before DOGAL ready for the crossing? Or must the crew request this climb from Shannon? Or do the crew make this climb without clearance in the period after being released from Shannon but before reaching DOGAL?

Secondly, on a related subject take this flightplan:
N0464F360 CPT UL9 KENET UN14 PEMOB UN30 BANBA DCT LIMRI/M083F380 DCT 52N020W 52N030W 52N040W 51N050W DCT DENDU DCT CYMON/N0471F380 DCT EBONY DCT AJJAY OOSHN2

I was previously led to believe that altitude changes listed in a flightplan are where the crew have planned to begin the climb/desent (ICAO Doc 8168 PANS OPS and ICAO doc 4444 PANS ATM). But, if this were true then the plan above would show a climb from FL360 to 380 be initiated in oceanic airspace (at LIMRI), which to me would seem unlikely. Could anyone please clarify this?

Many thanks,
Jack

P.S. Apologies if this has been answered before, in searching I had difficulty finding anything to answer my questions.