PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets charges
Thread: Netjets charges
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 15:32
g450cpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usage

Depends on where the principle is located (ie near a charter hub to eliminate reposition costs) and what kind of trips the principle is doing. Is he going out and back in a day or is he staying at the destination for a week? As a full charter customer one doesn't have much say in the age, type of plane, or crew that the charter operator uses. Does he only want to fly on newer aircraft. Is he will willing to buy a 1/16th share, 1/8 share or a 1/4 share? There are a lot of variables that come into play when you try to determine if charter, fractional, or full ownership is the best option. IMHO less that 100 hrs in a year, he is better off chartering (if the reposition or loss of revenue costs don't hurt too much). Between 100 hrs and 200 hrs is a good number to look at a fractional. Over 200 hrs in a year and he is better off with full ownership. All of this I have first hand experience with as I was chief pilot for an owner who cut his hours and wanted to go fractional. I was responsible for going over the fractional contracts and making sure all was legit. All contracts are a little different and each client has different needs, so one must do their homework to really find out what option best suits the principle.