PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2013, 21:53
MKY661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By The way If anyone can tell me how to reduce sizes of Pictures on PPRuNe that would be very helpful

According to the Guardian, MAN is to get a new terminal. No details given.
Not sure where or what this will be. I know there were plans to develop Terminal 1 which had a masterplan stating that both Piers B and C would have lower levels installed. Pier B also looks if it was to be knocked down and rebuilt:

Terminal 2 has I believe stated that a Satellite Pier will be added and The current terminal will be extened, including extending the number of gates it uses where Gate 215 is. I think there were also plans to Expand it even more:

Terminal 3 was also supposed to have it's Pier parallel to the runway extened and have gates on both sides (Replacing the T1 & T3 Long Stay Car Park). It shows this in the image of the Manchestr Airport City Plan:

So personally in my opinion I think that one of these will begin to develop. I really think that there is currently no way that a Fourth or replacement Terminal is needed. The current terminals are in good shape to be expanded and I also think that they are generally capable with the amount of passengers they handle. All of the terminals only seem to be busy in the early mornings and most of the day they are generally quite quiet I think.

Last edited by MKY661; 19th Mar 2013 at 21:57.