PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About this JAR-EASA transition...again
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 20:52
ThomasTheTankEngine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I will say sorry now for what will be a long post.

I have a slightly different situation to Auchy and I have asked my questions to the CAA but I'm still waiting for a reply. Can anyone please help.

1998 I passed the old UK National ATPL(H) exams and in 1999 I had a UK National CPL(H) issued with out an IR.

2001 I had a JAA CPL(H) issued on the basis of my national CPL(H)

2005 I wrote to the CAA and explained I wanted to add an IR to my JAA CPL(H) but I also needed an ATPL(H) theory credit as one day I would like to fly offshore.

The CAA told me if I completed the IR(H) theory exams, IR(H) flight training and flight test thus adding an IR(H) to my JAA CPL(H) I would under ammendment 3 of JAR FCL2 have an ATPL(H) theory credit. This was confirmed again in early 2007.

2007 - 2009 I completed the IR theory, flight training etc and had my IR(H)issued on my JAA CPL(H) in late 2009.

I have always had a valid type rating on my JAA CPL(H) and my IR has not lapsed for more than 7 years, in fact it is still valid.

So my questions are;

1) Is my ATPL(H) theory credit still valid now the UK CAA have changed to EASA?

2) If my ATPL(H) theory credit is no longer valid, which theory exams do I need to sit to revalidate it.

I have looked at CAP 804 Sec 4, part L Ap1 which refers to theory credits.

I can only find theory credits for CPL(H) holders wanting to gain an ATPL(H)

I can not find any theory credits for CPL(H) IR(H) holders wanting an ATPL(H)

Thanks TTTE.