PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT Bournemouth
Thread: SFT Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2002, 19:43
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Facts not Fiction" well bankrupt is a legally defined term, and the wrong one for this case.. SFT did not go bankrupt this is a Fact, in the real world, not Fiction. Had you any knowledge of SFT's current situation you would be aware of this this, thus WWW clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. In fact looking at the Oxford Dictionary of Law 'bankrupt' is a term applied only to individuals, not companies. Companies can go into administration or are wound up (go into liquidation), and the latter a worse situation. SFT was in administration until this week.

The same dictionary defines an Administration Order as "2. An order of the court under the insolvency act 1986 made in relation to a company in financial difficulties with a view to securing its survival as a going concern ...". Well it looks like that view has been realised.

It is a bit silly to start saying it's "bad business" to close for business. It is no business at all. They shut down peoples dreams, but that was never the intention, and largely due to factors way outside their control (if you are interested email me, and I will tell you what I know, but it is history now and largely irrelevant in detail). Why should I not blow their trumpet? They were a very good training organisation, cheaper than many and I would judge giving better service.

I will continue to believe Fanshawe Lofts assesment of the state of the company sale, as the negociations are confidential so no-one else knows at the moment, except the purchaser. More may be heard this weekend, but I am away. On Monday I will find out as much as I can, and post here anything I think relevant.

[ 11 January 2002: Message edited by: Send Clowns ]</p>