PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 15:11
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jim671
I am running smaller scale public procurement and heavy help you if you award without proper evidence. Unless there is clear blue water between the bidders (is that likely?) what would be the reason for not having a two-contractor solution like Gap that spread the considerable risk.
As to "clear blue water", unless you are privvy to both bids its a case of "who knows?" but one has to assume that if the result is a Lot 3 solution then there must have been a good reason?

You are assuming that 2 contractors actually reduces the risk but you haven't quantified the "risk" you are talking about, or explained why you think that to be the case?
I am guessing that for every risk you think of against a single contractor solution an equally weighty argument can be made for a single contractor solution. All that said we don't actually KNOW who has won yet or what the solution is so its all just hot air but its passed 5 minutes till the deciding 6 nations match starts lol.

Last edited by snakepit; 16th Mar 2013 at 15:13. Reason: Sorry Jim your edit came in as I replied