PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start ATPL theory
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 21:42
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for all the responses guys.

Paco, do you mind if I ask about the specifics of accommodating those external students? For those who had already completed parts of the course, did they have to redo all the classroom hours from scratch, even for the subjects they had already completed (assuming the modular structure was different to yours)?

Taxistaxing, my main concern would indeed be the logistics of getting my studies finished rather than lost money if, God forbid, my chosen school were to go bust. My problem is that after this September I'll have very little time to study again until around June 2014. So having to redo groundschool hours to fit to another provider's course would be a big setback, assuming I can't get everything finished before this September.

DumpingTheRat, I am relying on my experience with my Physics degree helping out with the material. Everyone I've spoken to has said it should help considerably, considering the amount of scientific material in the course. So hopefully what I plan to do should be doable. If it isn't, I can make time summer next year to finish off.

Are there any other providers I may have missed? I can't seem to find any other than Oxford, BGS, Propilot, CAPT, CATS, and Flying Time - are these the only available providers?

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by Odai; 13th Mar 2013 at 21:44.