PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IGRUA
Thread: IGRUA
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 06:30
powershanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syed, for a change it's heartening to see someone in Indian aviation who seems to be both enthusiastic and capable of stringing together coherent sentences in English.

I'm unsure as to how much you already know about the profession, therefore will refrain from launching into a vast sermon just now (believe me it wouldn't end).

I'm not an IGRUA alumnus as you would've preferred, but have been in the field a few years. Based on that bit of experience, I must tell you outright that becoming an aviator is NOT a "career option" one chooses based on logical patterns or market trends. The sheer number of variables involved in the path make it an irrational one to opt for.

Thus you need to be THAT inclined and crazy about it, to be emotionally and personally ready to face utter frustration, heartbreak or ruin, in order to even get into it and have a one in a thousand shot at success (note I don't say million!)

To get to your queries, yes, the IGRUA exam isn't all that difficult subject wise, but making it through into the place could be, since there is a lot of influence involved.

Nevertheless, it's a question of supply and demand; currently, aviation is an unwanted career option, and I'm sure flying shcools would be desperate for students to come fill their coffers, IGRUA included, so your chances just may be better than usual.

I'll sign off now before I get too cumbersome to read. Ping if you need to know further specifics. Best of luck.