PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM Training - A question about its operational limitations
Old 10th Mar 2013, 05:12
Mimpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correction it is AGRADE which sounds a bit less tasty as you say.

As it is a rather odd essay question, I thought it post it to Flight Deck folks.

I asked a captain for a a well known Australian airline - all he could come up with was that the whole CRM process might give one the best possible decision in a fairly logical problem solving situation, but if you are stalling at 1200 feet on approach ( or 38,000 feet and 40 degrees nose high ) you need a bit less problem solving and a bit more of "the right stuff" so to speak - the immediate reasonable safe option to buy time. Flying sense might equate to experience, judgement, or situational awareness or whatever magic is needed at the pointy end.

I would guess that if the whole crew suffers some type of group think situational awareness lossand theres little or no time,, one could CRM the problem till you are blue in the face all the way down from 38,000 feet but it wouldn neccessarily help. One person flying the aircraft well might be all one needs.

ALso - can anyone think of particular accidents where this kind of consideration may have played a role?( other than the one i just hinted at)

I would appreciate experienced comments thanks

Last edited by Mimpe; 10th Mar 2013 at 05:17.