PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to create 330 pilot jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2013, 22:05
BirdmanBerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I'm glad I found this thread and have read it through.

My current situation is I am 33 and have wanted to be a pilot for years but without the cash to pay for it. I now have a successful business and there is an option to sell up to follow my dream.

I recently found the CTC programmes and have been in touch with them regarding their Cadet route. Now, reading this thread seems to shed light on a totally different side of these courses to what they make you think.

I was originally told, a few years ago (I think by someone at Oxford) that airlines prefer integrated pilots over modular and to be honest, I believed this.

I'm very lucky to live within 5 minutes of Staverton (Gloucestershire) Airport which is one of the top, GA airports in England and has some good schools.

So my question would be aimed more to experienced pilots, how many of you came through the modular route? Can anyone 'speak' for their airline on what they prefer in the way of training routes? It would certainly be much cheaper to go modular.

I really don't like what I'm reading about the EJ cadet route and with one young child, and another on the way, the loan repayments now look like they would be an issue. The EJ website makes it all look very nice and well rewarded but now I'm really not sure.

This whole thread has been an eye opener...