PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start ATPL theory
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2013, 00:41
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for bumping this thread, I just had a couple more questions regarding this and didn't think it worth starting a new thread.

I may have difficulties in completing the groundschool in the original timeframe intended due to how long it is taking to get started. I was originally hoping to sit my last exams in the September session. I may however end up doing only the majority of the course (in the case of the Propilot course, 2 out of three modules) by the September session, with the last exams (Propilot module 3 is AGK, Instruments, Ops) not being done until, worst case scenario, the September 2014 session.

This excessive timeframe raises a few concerns for me.

Firstly, if something happens to the training provider in that span of time, what happens with any training I have already completed with them? Will, for example, any passes still count? Would I have to do all the classroom time again?

Secondly, will the material I receive for subjects such as Operational Procedures become too outdated after that much time? This is referring to materials such as hardcopy manuals which obviously aren't updated after receipt, unlike software.

Finally, how would it look to a prospective emplpyer (eg airlines) if it took me, worst case scenario, 18 months to complete the exams from the start of study to the last exam, possibly with 12 months in between two of the phases? Or will no one look into that much detail?