PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen for Android
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2013, 09:50
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are telling me that having 30% of millions of tablet users is not worthwhile
If you are making a random app, like my friends who make weather and podcasting apps, it certainly is; they are doing very well with it and I would recommend anyone in that business embrace Android!

However, the limited market I speak of is not the Android market, it is the aviation market.

For our particular business, it doesn't make much sense. Most of our customers buy a tablet specifically for our product and have no bias against/towards any system.

Taken that into account, the huge investment required to duplicate the entire app does not make business sense. I could easily spend half a million dollars hiring people to write our Android version and another couple hundred grand each year to support it, but if I only see my revenue go up by 10-20%, that's a bad investment...

If you are a pilot and want quality aviation apps, get an iPad. Instead of companies having to spread their limited resources on both systems, you can enjoy more updates and better software on the one platform.