PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No HOLDING this morning!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2013, 05:58
Kapitanleutnant

Evidently, it appears that location is prime in the decision making process for EK. If the forces that be were to put all the non EK flights into Al Makhtoum it might make a slight improvement into DXB. I would think since the vast majority of EK pax are transits, the need for proximity to downtown Dubai is not as important as a better, more efficient arrival process not to mention the massive savings on fuel expense with a move over to the bigger airport by Jebel Ali.

I have found that my decision process regards to uplift of fuel started including not only the EK arrivals but more so the Air India Express, Cathay's, Sinagpore's Jetairway's arrivals as well as our own.... all contributing to the worsening delays.

I find myself wondering just how long this can go on... but I've been thinking that for a few years now... and somehow, it's still continues. The "Trombone" arrivals while a step in the right direction, seems to be already over burdened by traffic.

The next big thing? Maybe the PRM approaches, maybe an AR RNP approach to both runways from either side of the airport.... who knows.

But as the title of the movie suggests... "Something's Gotta Give". It just can't go on like this. Yet it does....

Kap