View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2013, 13:02
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interim MD (from AIA website)

Aberdeen International Airport interim MD announcement
04 March 2013

It has been confirmed that the former MD of Stansted Airport is set to take the reins, on an interim basis, at Aberdeen International.
Current MD Derek Provan has taken up a secondment at Heathrow as Director of Airside Operations, and today we can confirm that Nick Barton, former MD at Stansted, is picking up this role until Derek returns later in the year.
Nick has been in the Heathrow Airports Group since 2005 when he joined Stansted as Business Development and Planning Director. He is a qualified Charter Surveyor, and rose through the ranks to become Managing Director back in 2010. Prior to his time with the group, Nick held a number of roles in the infrastructure development, planning and investment industries over a 20 year period.
In a message he said: “I am delighted to be joining the Aberdeen team, to spend time in what is a very unique and diverse airport. The operational mix here is a world away from any other airport in our group, and in fact from almost any other airport across the globe. Aberdeen International fulfils a crucial role for the region and indeed country, and I look forward to building on the recent successes for the benefit of all. I am very excited about leading the team, as part of the Heathrow Airports Group, through this next phase of development and growth".