PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 20:44
MKY661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that, Fixed now. Knew that there were 21 A321's but missed one out without knowing because I thought I put 21. Silly Me. I've put the extra A321 at LGW because it has lost an A300 this summer. I'm not sure when the two A321's from Cyprus Airways are coming though but I would say second half of 2013

I believe LGW has the most seats or flights this summer, overtaking MAN (or did that happen last summer?).
I don't think this happened at all. MAN has been Monarch's biggest base for a while. Not sure how long this will last though as there are no new routes from MAN this year, all of them have been operated before. Hopefully next year new routes will be introduced. Heraklion I think would be good as there are currently no scheduled routes from Manchester to Greece with Monarch. I think Funchal, Split & Bordeaux have potential too.

The Sunday Manchester-Gib timings seem not to tie up with the other schedules. The Luton service operates to and from Gib not as a W pattern so does the Birmingham service. Manchester-Gib starts and finishes at Manchester but it has to be operated by an A320 but am I right in thinking there will be no A320s based there. The last time I flew from Gib to Luton I talked to the flight deck crew and they were not too happy spending some 3 plus hours in a minibus on the M1/M6 positioning to/from Manchester but as the captain said ´´needs must´´.
I have just checked flights from MAN-GIB on Sunday 14th July 2013. The MAN-GIB flight departs at 14:55 and arrives at 18:55. However the GIB-MAN flight departs at 11:15 nd arrives at 13:15 which means a W pattern must take place. I am also not a fan of the W pattern becauuse if you are on board the MAN-GIB flight and the LTN-GIB flight diverts then you are basically screwed. I would prefer it if there was a morning flight from MAN-GIB and an evening flight from GIB-MAN because the we get to spend another whole day there rather than coming/going home early.

Someone said on the Gibraltar thread that Monarch were in talks of starting a new route from GIB to Scotland.