PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to better deal with Upset and Disgruntled passengers?
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 14:53
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason you can’t use PCs or other electronic equipment during take off and landing (like it would actually make a difference) is to do with the IF in the devices. Do explain what that means if you can and why it would be a problem, or not, if you know the difference.
The reason that the present rules exist is that FA's cannot be expected to know the detailed technical specifications of each device, or understand the underlying technologies and therefore the precise threats (or lack of) to the aircraft. A blanket ban at least addresses some of the concerns that some people in the industry have.

I read the preceding post with a real sense of sadness: i had thought that I might have become immune after all this time and was slightly surpised to discover that I hadn't. I don't think you're stupid, Vortex... But I do think you're nasty. Your post drips with contempt for FA's in general and an extraordinary level of venom based upon perceived shortcomings of a group of people because you believe that they aren't as intelligent as you. The existence of this thread is a reassurance that some FA's and some customers are prepared to think about how best to handle difficult situations to the benefit of all involved. Vortex contributions also serve to remind us that in some instances the only effective solution is to walk away.