PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM
Thread: KLM
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 13:35
Rail Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a regular flyer, what I see more and more is outright abuse of the cabin baggage allowance rules.

Recently went on a flight with my wife for the weekend using a major carrier. Our inwards flight to the hub was delayed by weather and we were the last to load. When we got to our seats we could not use the overhead lockers because they were full with bags larger than should have been allowed.

As a result we had to wander up and down with the stewardess looking to find/make room further along.

Now what annoyed me were the number of business travellers who were quite simply taking the p*** with the size of their cabin bags. Add to this the large rucksack users and now you have a developing problem which will only be made worse as people now try to push the bag size rather than pay. WE followed the rules but ended up being "punished" by those whose attitude appears to be to raise two-fingers to the rules.

I do not recall one single airline ever refusing to let someone into the cabin with what is clearly above their limit as I believe that their policies to the cabin crew are "not to make an issue of it" thereby pandering to the selfish group who will abuse any facility and reinforcing their attitudes.

Last edited by Rail Engineer; 3rd Mar 2013 at 13:36.