PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QUESTION for Moderator
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2003, 09:35
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
If I may butt in. I'm not the moderator of this forum, but I am a moderator (flight test forum).

I've personally...

- Moved three threads, in each case because I felt they'd get a better answer elsewhere.

- Requested twice not to publically discuss something that was sub-judice, but not actually deleted anything.

- Once deleted a particularly offensive post, informing the person responsible by Email of my actions and reasoning, but leaving no trace of the post.

- Once deleted a totally inappropriate thread that I could see had been simultaneously started in 6 other forums.

Danny's not an ogre, but as said above it is his trainset. He gets understandably worried about discussion that may cause threats of legal action and frankly so would anybody else in his position.

There are occasions where either a moderator or another poster has questioned whether a thread should be there and in response the original poster has deleted it. But, so far as I can see, we pretty much all work the same way. We are trying to keep the discussion sensible and innofensive, and trying to prevent anybody suing Danny, since that would probably spell the end of Pprune.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 12th Feb 2003 at 09:59.