PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 experiance
Thread: A380 experiance
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 05:18
tecman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly a lot, both in business and economy, with a number of airlines. The 380 is good, with the main attributes being quietness and space. On the down side, it looks like nearly all operators have fewer toilets than in the old 747s; this is a serious annoyance on a full flight. Also, the bathroom fitouts on the 380s can look cheap, and are aging badly. Have a look at some of the original SQ aircraft and you'll note that effect.

It's true CX are looking a bit tired, but they remain one of the better service airlines, especially in terms of understanding one-off requests and responding with something other than a standard script. I still shell out preferentially for SQ when the connections etc are good, but it's not the premium service it used to be. EK are 'OK' but the weak link is Dubai Airport, as many a QF pax is about to discover. Silly inbound security systems, hoards in all directions, and laughably inadequate shower facilities for business class pax. Pretty average service on EK, too. However, the limo pickup for even lowly business class is a nice touch.

What else? We'll you could go BA and get service doled out strictly according to the class you're flying that day. You could go QF and be ignored the whole flight, which is preferable to going United and being snarled at. VA will put on a show for you and make you wonder why you're not enjoying it more I could go on...but don't feel too bad about CX just getting you there safely and having pleasant, obliging crew. The HK connection point is OK, too. But upgrading the frayed carpet would be a nice rouch.

Last edited by tecman; 3rd Mar 2013 at 05:19.