PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 03:42
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trident Sim
Given the obvious care and thought you take with your posts, I say, with respect, that I think it would have been fairer if you had made it clear that this particular statement was your opinion, rather than to have stated it as accepted fact.

I suggest that few pilots around at that time would disagree with the statement that the captain could be autocratic, but there was nothing in the AAIB report to suggest that he had, in your words, ...rendered the crew’s input moot... on this flight.
Thanks for the kind words (and thanks for the follow-up blind pew - I'll get on it ASAP!). It's not so much an opinion I arrived at myself as what I had been led to believe by most of the material I've read on the matter. Now of course, because there was no CVR to provide hard data, all the report can say for certain is what was derived from the wreckage and the FDR and any embellishment is supposition - however on balance of probability I have always understood that it was a likely contributory factor, even if indirect.

I wasn't intending to go into that much detail because the intent was to use it as a probable example of why CRM became so important, and the thread is not about BEA548.

That said, thanks for the extra info and regards!