PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 15:34
TizerTheAppetizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruckFlyer --I understand where you are coming from. The odds are clearly stacked against me.

If somebody of my age who is a senior FO said that he or she wanted to stop flying in favour of studying for an MSc in journalism with the ambition of working for Sky News or ITN, I would warn them that it would be difficult, but not impossible. I wouldn't discourage them.

So, your hard logic is going up against my dreams and my instincts.

I'm sure flying a light aircraft around at the weekend is fun, but I want to be a commercial airline pilot, which is something very different. I'm not sure what qualifies you to question my love for aviation, because I have a deep love for flying and a thorough understanding of what the life of a commercial airline pilot entails. Pros and cons.

And I'm not sure where you got the +5 re. my vision from, but I hope to get 6/6 in my weaker eye after surgery (I had a brief chat with my ophthalmic surgeon on Tuesday) so then the Class 1 should be OK.

Anyway, time will tell if you are right or if my instincts are right. I respect your opinions and I would appreciate it if your respected my ambitions.

Last edited by TizerTheAppetizer; 2nd Mar 2013 at 15:36.