PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ECG abnormal indication
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 08:42
GS Capture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for the reply.
My pulse is in the range of 70-80 bpm .However as soon as I step in a doctor's office it starts jumping. I was told that this is the "white coat syndrome" and it will gets even worse with age.. You can't train for it,you can do nothing

However given that you cannot modify your ECG there seems little point in spending time and money on it before your medical
Now that is my biggest concern! If AME sees the abnormality,he will refer to a cardiologist afterwards .And if God forbid my condition is something which is not allowed for the pilots certificate,that would mean an end to a career.
I've been reading lately that Depresion segment ST might be an indication of a Ischemic heart desease, and that scared the hell out me! As far as I know a person with an IHD is considered unfit by EASA... I hear gettin a medical certificate once you were considered unfit is a bureaucratic nightmare..

The doctor who performed the ECG said ,that I would need to take additional test such as a Holter Monitor and a Echocardiogram and only after that a say for sure what's wrong or not. I will be taking these tests next week. Hope everything to be normal.

I guess ,I was wrong thinking, that maybe if I see a cardiologist first and take some medicine I might get back to the normal ECG before going to a pilots medical?

I am still confused what to do...
Many thanks again for the kind replies.