PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Apprentice - Jet 2
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 07:50
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

It looks like a good opportunity for a job.
========
The only wiggly bit is:
Successful candidates will hold a UK Frozen ATPL and Medical as well as JOC, MCC
I mean, either one is preparing for management now, in which case being stuck on the ground in Ops is perhaps fine.

But should not prospective candidates with the above qualifications (which is akin to a degree) be wandering around flying an aeroplane somewhere in the world . . ? And, learning all about it from company groundschool and the Line training Captain.

"Well done, you have completed your ATPL - that`s your desk over there"

sake.

yes, wandering around trying to get interviews, having a coffee en passant in a million different places, enquiring to every airline in the world, knowledge of every airline directory <<fuse blows>> treating your first search for your job as a pilot, like a full blown military operation in the recce stage - this is your birthright or there is something seriously wrong with you, having got this far? <<foams at the mouth>>

I have said it before -( Cut the cp!!) There are loads of jobs worldwide - geddit? Global and if you cannot find it, that`s your fault not a global economic downturn or any mandy pandy excuses - so get out there and get flying, get onto ALL of the networking systems in place, find them on the printed websites section on here get a bagful of lose change and phone like its going out of fashion and then when you look down from the right seat of this or the left seat of that you will see people in white shirts walking into and out off their little offices and you can say to yourself <<ambulance called>> "that could have been me!" You have an ATPL - you are lucky, lucky to have such a licence which you acquired with much cost (to someone) and hardship - now take the ticket and go and get hired - the battle `aint over yet, not even a little bit. Lord!<<carted away on a stretcher>>

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 1st Mar 2013 at 08:06.