PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start ATPL theory
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2013, 17:02
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - now down most likely to go for Propilot, but also still considering Oxford or Bristol. It turns out Flying Time won't be much use to me due to the way the course dates are organised.

The downside to Bristol are their two week courses at Cheddar being too long for me otherwise I guess I would have just opted for their offering, and Oxford ends up being very highly overpriced (although I wouldn't mind spending two weeks at Oxford as I love the place, not to mention being able to sit the exams in-house).

If I went with Propilot however, it would mean I'd need to invest in third party digital software as this really is a lot easier and quicker for me to get through. I'd still use the hardcopy books from Propilot to make sure I've covered everything in their course and maybe also occassionally to have a different perspective on some concepts. As I mentioned Bristol's ATPDigital would have been ideal but I cannot justify dropping £500 on something I cannot guarantee ownership of past 18 months. Oxford's CBT series is also very expensive at nearly £1000. Further, I get the distinct impression from other posts on this forum that their material goes into a lot more detail than what is relevant, and I wouldn't have any guidance on what exactly I would need to study. Are there any other software based solutions out there that I may have missed?