PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OZ "Best Domestic Airline"...And The Winner Is...
Old 28th Feb 2013, 07:25
Hobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not surprised that Virgin won. As poms dunnunda these last 5 weeks, we've flown Jit Kinict NZ-OZ, and within OZ, QF once, Jitstar once and Virgin 3 times.

No question in my mind - Virgin wins hands down for all round customer service. I've seen QF domestic go downhill over the last 15 years we've been doing this regularly and VA maintain and better the very high standard it started with.

The less said about Jitstar the better. Our flight HBA-MEL was an hour late for starters due late incoming, the landside check in hadn't weeded out those who were trying to slide oversize/weight handbaggage on, and we had to wait airside while a huge queue of them were sorted out. The two girls were doing their best, but needed about three more on boarding duty. On arrival in MEL we had to wait for about 10 minutes for some staff to be found to bring out the wheelie bins with the flagged ropes so we could walk to the terminal.

Jit Kinnict aircraft must be the tattiest cabins I've seen for a long time.

I haven't flown Tiger.