PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane crashes on overrun in eastern Georgia, USA
Old 26th Feb 2013, 22:08
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seven Stroke...thank you for the kind reply...

No I never read "Wings", but I've had a few friends from Allegheny (and Piedmont) in the past...I'll have to try to find it...Serling never wrote a bad aviation story, fictional or non-fiction...(The Electra Story) comes to mind...

Have you ever read "She'll Never Get Off The Ground"?...Fiction but loosely based on the USA's first Female Airline Pilot...Dudney Devlin was the pilot in the book, but it was (I forget her name) who broke the "barrier with Frontier in the 70's...

As for "The Crowded Sky", no never read that one, but I saw the movie...Didn't it have something to do with the flight attendant serving coffee to the cockpit and then one of the guys upfront spilled it on the Auto-Pilot control panel, resulting in a co;;ision with a Military T-33? (flown by Efram Zimbalist Jr).

All lessons us "old, not so bold pilots" learn from...

Maybe the new generation should start paying attention to mistakes we've all made but through the grace of god and our own witts managed to survive, never to repeat again...