PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2003, 10:39
Lord Fulmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one,think that this deal is a complete sell out to the company, and if it goes through it is a licence to be walked over forever.

I was persuaded to rejoin BALPA on the condition that they would not settle for anything less than a Rotering Agreement, and not settle for anything less. What have we got on offer but , a hastily cobbled together package that doesn't settle anything.

I concede that the Negotiators have had a damn hard time in getting as far as they have, but this deal is scarecly any different from the prior offering which we were urged to reject. It is though RW's tactics of continually wearing the BALPA boys down has finally worked and they are ready to surrender and admit that this all they can achieve. BALPA seem to have given up on the deal and seem keen to put a lid on it, in order that they can move onto the next project, preferably less strenuous.

Me, I'll stick with them for the time being, until after the new ballot at least and see what happens. If it is a Yes vote, and we waive the white flag, it is a goodbye from me, and a goodbye from him by all accounts. Membership numbers will fall and that will be the end of a credible union in Easy.

Options?

The TGWU (UK's 2nd biggest Union!), (Transport get it!) is a very reasonable £9 odd a month apparently, and has already some pilot members and has some excellent reports from colleagues.

Maybe they would have had more success in negotiating , with full time professional negotiators , than our chaps, bless 'em, who aren't pro's after all.

Unfortunately the reasons for paying the BALPA subs are becoming fewer and fewer, unless they can now prove their worth.