PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexicrew details?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 15:13
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's flexiScrew.

The latest trend I hear is quite a few ex CTC just swapping for a clean sheet by declaring bankruptcy? Anyone know people personally? If so, great, tax payers picking up the bill. It's a disgrace.

My dear Buggington:

You shall be forgiven your sin, for it's the sin of youth.

So you want to "build time" on a jet? It was once upon a time that flying a jet, in many, if not most, parts of the world, came after years of working the GA. Hell, some guys took most of their entire careers before finally entering that stage.

In the Monarch threat, people report of candidates in the latest interview round being in their 40s and 50s.

There is clearly no rush.

EZY and RYR stopped expansion. There just isn't many opportunities. As proof, just monitor OAA's employment stats for this year.

Word is EK hold 2,000 CVs on file from people with tons of hours from all over the world. Over the past years, fast track progression may have been possible for a few ex RYR and EZY, but it will only get harder.

One guy in another thread was saying that CTC had started to inform people swimming in their ATP pool that there is no jobs for them in 2013. Their main cadets are looking at a wait until summer. At least. They may then get picked up. Again, that is they may.

While indeed it seems CTC have had a 100 percent placement record, who guarantees you that it will be like that forever? I certainly would not put my parents' house on it.

All it takes is very little disruption and boom, the industry is on its knees.

If someone wants to enter this profession, please, do so. Because only if you truly love what you do, you can develop that ultimate passion to succeed and put up with a ton of BS.

But when you decide to go for it, do it wisely.

Do something else first. Go get a degree. Learn a trade. Get just a plain, simple job. Learn appreciate the value of money first. While still living at home with no bills to pay, save enough money to cover your PPL. Then go from there. Try to get into one of those tagged programs. If you fail in doing that save some more and do your hour building, then your ATPLs.

It may take you all your 20s to complete these first three steps, and boy it is so not glamorous and requires so much commitment and self-discipline, but trust me on that one, it'll put you in a way much better spot.

In my book, a successful career already starts way before receiving your very first hour of flight training.