PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Licensing / FCL Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2013, 18:11
Flying Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

This has got me so curious that I've actually looked up the EASA regulation. LINK

Originally Posted by Commission Regulation (EU) No 290/2012, Annex VI, Appendix 1
The flight crew licence issued by a Member State in accordance with Part-FCL shall conform to the following specifications:

(a) Content. The item number shown shall always be printed in association with the item heading. Items I to XI are the “permanent” items and items XII to XIV are the “variable” items which may appear on a separate or detachable part of the main form. Any separate or detachable part shall be clearly identifiable as part of the licence.
(1) Permanent items:
(I) State of licence issue;
(II) title of licence;
(III) serial number of the licence commencing with the UN country code of the State of licence issue and
followed by “FCL” and a code of numbers and/or letters in Arabic numerals and in latin script;
(IV) name of holder (in latin script, even if the script of the national language(s) is other than latin);
(IVa) date of birth;
(V) holder’s address;
(VI) nationality of holder;
(VII) signature of holder;
(VIII) competent authority and, where necessary, conditions under which the licence was issued;
(IX) certification of validity and authorisation for the privileges granted;
(X) signature of the officer issuing the licence and the date of issue; and
(XI) seal or stamp of the competent authority
(2) Variable items
(XII) ratings and certificates: class, type, instructor certificates, etc., with dates of expiry. Radio telephony (R/T)
privileges may appear on the licence form or on a separate certificate;
(XIII) remarks: i.e. special endorsements relating to limitations and endorsements for privileges, including
endorsements of language proficiency and ratings for Annex II aircraft when used for commercial air
transportation; and
(XIV) any other details required by the competent authority (e.g. place of birth/place of origin).
(b) Material. The paper or other material used will prevent or readily show any alterations or erasures. Any entries or
deletions to the form will be clearly authorised by the competent authority.
(c) Language. Licences shall be written in the national language(s) and in English and such other languages as the
competent authority deems appropriate.
Nowhere does it say that everything has to be shoehorned onto one piece of A4.
It actually says that an item such as the ratings page can be a separate item, as long as it is clearly identified.

Basically the CAA have chosen to interpret the regulations in a completely cocked-up manner for reasons known only unto themselves!!! I would say it beggars belief, but then it is the CAA we're talking about!

Last edited by Flying Wild; 20th Feb 2013 at 18:21. Reason: Added link to regulation