PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots shortage
Thread: Pilots shortage
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 14:11
flyingscorp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortage of pilots

samca

I feel you are rt someway but again there are pilots growing/gainin experience (too) here and there. So, while others have more logical arguments/statistics I will be inclined towards them considering the overall picture. Give you an idea, in Bangladesh there are number of flyin schools opened up recently totallin 130-150 student pilots. Again some of the military pilots are also joinin the pool ultimately serving for comertial and private air liners. Experienced pilots serving local airliners are switchin to international carriers. Few of the posts are hired from abroad and rest are occupied by locals/expatriats. Irony is that every country in the name of SHORTAGE trainin more pilots than the industry can accommodate. While there is a shortage created for experienced ones these are being filled up by the newly experienced pilots. I think as population and their movements around the world is increased that way samaca may be rt but every day more short timers are join the world of aviators.

I would love to see samaca correct on the issue though!