PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could JHC participate in Red Flag? Cost effective?
Old 17th Feb 2013, 12:34
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
@Evalu8tor

Hi I'm doing a bit of both, but also checking out the new kit / new deliveries and see if Eurocopter be unveiling a new bunny glad you enjoyed it when you went, what year was that?

@TheWizard,

I forgot about sequestration and whereby either the Nevada or Utah Test and Training Ranges might fall into the crosshairs of those wanting to save the dollars and cents.

ACC continues planning for sequestration impacts

The resident 66th RQS and the HH-60G Weapons School would be included in the proceedings of Red Flag?

Anyhow I have a many Presidio Power and Superbase photo books by the late aviation photographer and author George Hall (he wrote and published two books on the old Top Gun one for the Motorbooks and the other Superbase 2) at the same time the Paramount Pictures movie was being filmed , of which I have the post Cold War revised edition of Red Flag: Air Combat for the 1990s pub by Motorbooks in 1993 and he mentions in Chapter 4; The Blue Force that the USMC AH-1W and AH-64 had taken part in CAS scenarios alongside the AV-8B during Red Flags prior to that.

Cheers