PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 01:24
fatmanmedia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did some work for a Scottish council where i ran a stage with some local bands. i had one raised stage, a generator and a PA system.

I've done this many times and the most i had to do in private venues is maybe 15 pages of paperwork mainly copies of insurance and and proof that the gear had their PAT certificates.

for the council event the paper work totaled 1576 pages, risk assessments, fire risk assessments, current first aid certificates, proof that the riggers had the work at heights certificates, the electrical gear had the pat certificates including all the cables, i had my current public liability certificate, i had my SIA card as i would be controlling access to the sound booth, i could go on for hours on what was required.

councils do not know how to run anything that has to either make money or provide a service.

Airports should not been run by them.

the way they would man a grass strip would require 4 men plus 1 supervisor and a admin worker to produce all the paperwork they would require for landing and take off's.

and remember they would expect you to be waring the correct hi-vis vest when outside your aircraft, low and behold if you had the wrong colour or design, expect a nice £100 fine and a requirement to undergo their airport training.

Fats