PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 23:25
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep and you can't lift anything heavier than a bag of sugar without a risk assement. If you ask about using a fire extinguisher that is obviously heavier than a bag of sugar you are obviously a piss taking unsafe self tappering person with no daddy.

You cannot work solo under council rules. Be it having a dump or watching the grass grow very very slowly.

They actually sent an email 2 years after a delivery I did questioning the artic I unloaded which was 25 tons of salt which I did myself. The other artic at a different site was delivered by a mate. I had on my paper work that the mate was my second man and he had me as his.

ABC then tried to chase me for two years about the delivery. The logistics company had no problem telling them who the drivers were and then washed thier hands because we were through drivers force. They are still more than likely sending letters out about it but I moved house. I really didn't understand what we were ment to do about it as I was never party to the delivery contract. I was never a employee of the logistic firm. But apparently I was completely illegal off loading 25 tonnes of salt by hand. As such there is no LAW banning this but pure council policy of two men and Salt is apparently dangerous goods and requires training and certs which i didn;t have.

They had obviously never heard of opening the curtains then reversing like hell jamming the anchors on and the load sliding off the back just as you go over two breeze blocks. The side exit unloading is best not seen by the police.

Last edited by mad_jock; 16th Feb 2013 at 23:43.