PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:44
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's entirely logical that LHS T&Cs will come under pressure next.

That will be a natural evolution. As RHS T's & C's are diluted, when they graduate to LHS they will carry those diluted T's & C's with them. Sure, they will get an increase and grab it both hands. Thus the downward cycle will continue until the job is understood and perceived to be unattractive. Who knows where the tipping line will be; that is being tested every year. Eventually the gap between the small, aspiring, airlines, the successful LoCo's and the legacy carriers will be so wide that the supply of puppies will dry up. The legacy carriers will have their own schools again and no-one will want to gamble a a fortune on getting a licence and a job at the bottom of the food chain in the hope of moving outwards and upwards. It won't happen. We've seen for years that the legacy carriers recruit from within their own system. In days of dire shortage and expansion they took a few outsiders, but I think those days are gone. The same will be true for cabin crew and engineers. The hatchet men of these new airlines will drive the T's & C's so low they will cause a dry up of puppies in all 3 categories mentioned. Daddy or the bank will look closely and the prospects and advise accordingly. Meanwhile the greed at the top will have been fruitful in the short term and the sunny Caribbean will be full of ex-CEO's who don't give a toss.
"Don't let your off-spring go near them Mrs Worthington."