PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BASSA start their hate campaign again
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2013, 07:49
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been on here for ages, but would like to make a couple of comments.
What these comms clearly show is that sadly Bassa have not moved on one jot from the dispute three years ago. I simply believe they are still angry with all kinds of groups for getting in the way of their masterplan re the strike, and like a naughty schoolboy, will not accept any change at all. Unfortunately as many know, DH changed the constitution to enable him to stay on for a further 27 months after being sacked by BA and collect around £5000/month as the BS ( legally I might add). Because of that simple fact, nothing was ever going to change. Unite put up with Bassa for one reason only. The cool fact that over £1M+/year is going into their coffers from Bassa means that Len McCluskey doesn't ask too many questions. Add to the fact that Bassa have endorsed him in the recent Unite leadership contest means everything is kept rosy in the garden.
As for the members emergency meeting last week re; pilot bullying and harassment, to have DH along as a guest speaker to speak on the above subject, is akin to asking King Herod to speak about baby care! It's beyond belief. They even had another vote of no confidence against the manager of cabin services. 100% yes as usual!! What exactly is that going to achieve? Just playing to the crowd.
Finally Bassa have continued to spout lies to their members on all kinds of stuff since the dispute, the latest being that ONLY union CC members will get the holiday pay due to us. That's simply not going to happen, and I'll happily come on here again when we ALL get it, to prove it. I really wish more would leave but apathy rules ok. Lucky lucky Bassa.
I won't say anymore as Tightslot has rightly said not to turn this into a Bassa bashing contest. But it's good for some to see that on an internal side, Bassa haven't changed. Fortunately our customers don't see any of this, and the small minority of bitter crew are slowly being pushed into the wilderness. All very sad and totally disappointing.