PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mobile phones
Thread: mobile phones
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2013, 01:27
laz219

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on a flight recently where the lady across the aisle from me was playing games on her phone as we taxied out to the active. Every time a flight crew member walked by, she quickly hid it. I found that quite frustrating because if you feel it necessary to hide it, you probably shouldn't be using it.

I figure in the case of not being able to switch things on until a certain height/time- Wouldn't this make sense in regards to forced landings? Say in the case of an EFAT, would you really want the extra step of trying to get peoples attention when they are all busy playing angry birds with headphones in?

Even if there isn't much to show they do affect things, just being asked should be good enough reason to turn it off.
I'm sure it's not just me but- Isn't it nice to be able to disconnect yourself from you phone occasionally anyway? Between phone calls, SMS, Email, Facebook, Ebay and news....my phone just about never shuts up. I love getting to turn the thing off when I don't need to be contactable.

Last edited by laz219; 15th Feb 2013 at 01:28.