PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Medal for Drone Pilots
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 20:19
Ivan Rogov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Reaper posting is at the top of my preferences and from friends operating the platform it really does sound like a satisfying job that makes a difference.............however there are many jobs in the forces and outside that do the same, SAR, emergency services, support roles, etc. They don't get medals for doing their day job, and nor should they.
The qualifying criteria for campaign medals will always capture differing levels of risk and hardship, some of the petty examples stated in this thread show spectacular ignorance of what other fleets were actually doing.

Most medals are just shiny bits of metal given out to make us forget that it was rubbish out there, or distract us from the fact that someone had to go above and beyond because someone else screwed up. (In no way am I trying to suggest any of the recipients didn't deserve their medal )

Looking at some posts in this thread you would think selflessness and a sense of duty were a thing of the past, luckily I know many who are not Mutleys they do not judge others by how many gongs they have or don't have

People take more risk on training exercises than an RPAS crew in a GCS unless you’re counting thrombosis or the risk of choking, what next a medal for CCS? Volunteer for the LRE if you want something shiny to show off

Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 14th Feb 2013 at 20:25.