PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 13:50
tayyareci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yabancipilot

I understand your point but you need to see the situation from the Turkish national pilots point of view also. I would like to explain it with a very realistic example scenerio.

Lets say Air France started to expand rapidly and they are desperate for new pilots to join. I can assure you that the first requirement to join will be that you are European citizen and you are fluent in French.

I don't think that it is necessary to be fluent in any language other than English to be able to fly in an airline. So the first 2 requirements will straight away block the employment chance of about 99.9% of Turkish Pilots. This example is valid for (Lufthansa, Klm, Swiss, etc). If this is not a discrimination what is?

Lets say even after that they cannot find enough pilots with the above requirements. Then I can assure you that the agencies will start recruiting for them with an unclear career progression and with the knowledge that as soon as you are not needed you will be out.

Turkish airlines is not Emirates or Qatar airways.

There are enough Turkish pilots for the needs of Turkish airlines. These Turkish Pilots have no chance of recruitment in Europe or USA or Australia. THY needs foreign pilots only until the adequate number of Turkish pilots are trained. You have to agree with me that a flag career has to give priority to their the national pilots.

On the other hand I do agree with you that in case of Turkish airlines the existence of foreign pilots - at least for temporarily - is a good thing for CRM. If THY wants to be a global airline than they have think globally.

Thanks