PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start ATPL theory
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 17:24
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks again for the helpful responses.

Richard, thanks for the pointer - will take it into account. I hadn't realised they removed the option to opt out of the Ipad software on their website.

Paco, sorry, I meant two weeks per module was too long. As far as I can tell, Propilot meet the mandatory classroom time within 12 days of attendence, CATS in 15 days, and BGS in 20 days (not counting the weekends where you'd probably still be staying in Cheddar and paying for the accommodation). I've asked BGS and they've said there is definitely no alternative to the 2 x 2 weeks they offer at the moment.

Ford Cortina, I have reviewed my options and I will probably be able to commit a bit more time than originally intended. It should hopefully be doable - if for whatever reason I cannot get it done in that time frame, I can stretch the last part out a little longer and still be well within the 18 months EASA set. The only disadvantages would be the length of time between the second and third modules (assuming I go for the 3 module course at either CATS or ProPilot), and having to delay my CPL/IR for another year - it's not ideal but isn't the end of the world. But that would be a 'backup' and it would definitely be my aim to have everything complete by the end of July or August. I realise that would require a great deal of effort on my part.

Last edited by Odai; 13th Feb 2013 at 17:28.