PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas-October 28th
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 00:47
Conductor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who attended the PWC facilitated day. It's come from both line pilots and management. There is a nice summation of it on Qrewroom and there is also a couple of nice responses.

From my perspective we can keep banging on about what's happened in the past or we can let it go and work towards the future. The CEO has his plans and there is very little that any of us can do to change them. Whilst I don't agree with everything on the parchment, I'd be interested as to what the wisdom of PPRuNe sees as the alternative. The CEO isn't going to resign or be sacked. The Chairman isn't going to resign or be sacked. The board is going to remain. So again, what does the PPRuNe world think the alternatives are to jumping into the deep end of the pool and swimming as hard as we can?
Keg,

I agree that there is little use banging on about the past and, yes, we should all be working towards achieving the best we can for the future. However, the fact remains that Joyce/Clifford have done what they have done and some things are irreversible. The memory I carry around from the grounding cannot be erased. I am disengaged. Click. Just like everyone I fly with (and I mean every single pilot I have flown with on the 767 that I can remember). I am not delusional enough to think that the chairman and CEO will do the honourable thing and commit harikiri but whilst they remain, trust and respect remains broken. So yes, we should jump into the deep end of the pool and swim as hard as we can but looking outside the scope of the pilot body for a moment, Qantas is damaged and the people who did it are still doing it and very soon it will be broken. It's pointless applying first aid while the patient is still being kicked.

Last edited by Conductor; 13th Feb 2013 at 00:49.