PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to create 330 pilot jobs
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 18:13
Guy of Gisborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A De M, I think that is the problem we face.
but who am I?
We are voicing our opinions as individuals. Is there a way of setting up a poll on pprune? It would give everybody on here the opportunity to vote yes or no to flexicrew. Then we may have an idea of numbers against. Or perhaps, BALPA could put a poll on their website so members can show their contempt.
As an individual I have raised my concerns with BALPA, CAA and my MP. I have had a response from BALPA who seem to be approaching this problem from the employment law side of things. This is an excerpt of their response

"we need to continue to tackle the airlines that engage ‘flexicrew’, or whatever derivation emerges, on a disposable basis. We sought to do that in easyJet this summer but as you may know the deal got the thumbs down. We are keen to return to the issue. We are also looking at how we can stop the practice becoming established elsewhere and what we have done in Monarch and are currently balloting on in Thompsons are cases in point.

Fourthly we are working with Labour Research and our lawyers Speechlys to put together guidance and drawing on case studies. I cannot commit to e mail all that we are doing in this project but when we have developed it further we will want to do a ‘sense check’ with our members."

I don't expect to see any results there in the next 5 years. The CAA have not replied even though I sent my email twice in the last 6 months. My MP has replied and is doing some background digging of his own.