PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 or A320
Thread: 737 or A320
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 15:00
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am giving false hopes. I am motivating some to take a decision which many pilots sitting at home are not able to do because of so many negative so guys around.
You are not motivating anyone, you are just providing a rope to self inflicting financial advice to someone who is already in dire state of mind to not think wisely.
How can a person be motivated by spending 25K-30K $ on rating which will sit on his CPL for a year then demand 4k$ renewal procedure is beyond my thinking considering current market saturation.It's same for 737 too.

I am one of the long list guys waiting to join indigo so I am aware of the numbers well. wont disclose it here but its way to less.
So is my close person who is sitting since July 2011 with rating.

Since you quoted this
I dont know about other but see Indigo's history and well you will come to know. This year they plan to bring in 16 and I know they just got approval of 5 aircrafts
Aircraft Acquisition Committee (AAC) meeting today 11 Feb at MOCA.

We can wait for the rest approvals to come.
Let me tell you how Indigo works :
You order 100 planes and replace old ones with new saving you on D checks on older planes.With large orders you get free 1/2 Simulators or rating on that type or both....market observation is that you get free 2 set of ratings/plane from plane manufacturer.So CAE comes in with their sims and trains Indigo pilots where CAE gets fee's from candidates and large chunk goes to Indigo as they are providing CAE business. But Indigo get free rated pilot so cost saved on training.Saving Indigo money and earning them money.

When you get new planes you sell older planes to leasing company and lease back few to maintain capacity in market.You add 5 planes to new routes but discard 3 old planes out of service and hence only 2 planes added in fleet or capacity.Saving Indigo money.

When 70% order is obtained , place another order which will generate mass discount from plane manufacturer and then whole cycle revolves.Saving Indigo money.

I would relish if Indigo or all other operators add planes and increase pilot intakes at various experience levels.
But I don't think Indigo would stop generating money from pilot training of fresh cpl holders by taking only rated pilots.You should understand all airlines that calling rated pilots for examinations is for urgent/immediate requirements.