PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to create 330 pilot jobs
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 07:43
turbine100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to see something like a 700hr requirement and mix of where the operator can recruit from, with jobs bring advertised.

I went and got some experience in GA which is AOC piston work, write / update our manuals with my boss and know the regs etc. also doing I.T systems and software development.

All of this unpaid, whilst holding a day job down, to build a file to take to airline interview with recommendations and sell my I.T skills.

Trained modular, no debt. 4 years applying, writing letters to airlines etc most weeks.

CTC are a road block for all in similar position to what I described above and actually I realised going off and doing the above, has not helped. But i have got a good grounding that I otherwise wouldn't have had.

The jobs are not advertised as CTC have contracts with the likes of EZY and a large number of other operators to feed in their flexi crew cadets from flight school in.

It would be fair if the low hour experienced job was advertised. All could apply directly, against base requirements with level playing field. This would mean the CTC cadet would also have to apply at the end of training. This will never happen, especially with the MPL being around, that requires partner airlines. I would like BALPA and specifically the regulators to step up and do as much as they can to change things in this area and the T&C's. Then maybe I would have a chance of getting an interview

Last edited by turbine100; 10th Feb 2013 at 07:47.